About 23517801

Parent Involvement Survey

The Texas Parent Special Education Involvement Survey is Live!

Selected parents of students in Marlin, Chilton, and Riesel ISD receiving special education services are encouraged to complete the Parent Involvement Survey to share your experiences. The findings from this survey will be used to report the parent involvement indicator to the Office of Special Education Programs and provide important information to school districts. The survey is available in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, and Vietnamese.

How to complete the survey:

The district has sent invitations by email to randomly selected parents. Complete the survey at http://www.parentsurveytx.com/ – you will need your PIN from the invitation.

If you haven’t received an invitation or can’t find your PIN:

  1. Contact Teri Rinewalt at trinewalt@fecoop.net or 254-883-2634 to learn if you were selected and get your PIN.
  2. Email support@gibsonconsult.com, call 512.685.2697 (English), or 512.685.2694 (Spanish)

The deadline for completing the survey is May 20, 2022.

Destruction of Records

Notice of Destruction of Special Education Records 2021

Notice Date: August 3, 2021

Special education records collected by the following Independent School Districts:

Chilton ISD, Hallsburg ISD, Marlin ISD, Mart ISD, Riesel ISD, Rosebud-Lott ISD, and Westphalia ISD;

related to the identification, evaluation, educational placement, or the provision of special education services in the district, must be maintained under state and federal laws for a period of five (5) years after special education services have ended for the student. Special Education services end when the student is no longer eligible for services, graduates, completes his or her educational program at age 22, or moves from the district.

This notification is to inform parents/guardians and former students of the above school districts intent to destroy the Special Education records of students who are no longer receiving Special Education services as of the end of the 2015-2016 school year. These records will be destroyed in accordance with state law unless the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student notifies the school district otherwise.

After five years, the records are no longer used by the above mentioned districts, but they may be useful to the parent/guardian or former student in applying for Social Security benefits, rehabilitation services, college entrance, etc.

Records not requested by September 30, 2021 will be destroyed beginning October 5, 2021. With proof of identity, the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student may request a copy of the records in person or by mail.

In Person:

Falls Education Cooperative

3162 State Highway 6 Bypass

Marlin, TX 76691

By Mail: 

Falls Education Cooperative

Special Education Dept., Attn: Teri Rinewalt

3162 State Highway 6

Marlin, TX 76691

The written request for special education records scheduled for destruction must include the following information:

  • Student’s full legal name
  • Student’s date of birth
  • Date services ended
  • Name and relationship of person requesting copies
  • Statement indicating there is no legal action against you that prohibits your rights to the records
  • Signature and date (adult student or legal guardian)
  • How you would like to receive the records
  • By Mail
    • Provide the mailing address and submit a copy of the requestor’s valid photo ID along with the request
  • Pick up in Person
    • Provide contact information (phone number, email address) for notification when the records are available for pick up
    • The requestor’s valid photo ID must be presented at the time the records are picked up.



New Resources!

Parents, We wanted to be sure you knew about some new resources out regarding Transition Services.  We begin talking about transition in the ARD meetings for students turning 14 and but we can always discuss it earlier if there is a need.  The idea behind transition services is to begin conversations about what the student is wanting to do in high school and after.  Some students will want to go to college after high school, while some will get a full-time job, and others will be involved in other ways in the community.  Discussing your plans for your child, along with the student having a voice, will help the ARD committee to give you the best information possible!  Below are a few links to great websites where you can learn more about your rights and options regarding transition.

https://www.pacer.org/transition/   This website has great videos ad resources to support families and students in transition and address the challenges of facilitating the movement to post-school environments, including independent living.

https://texasoncourse.org/   This website guides educators, students, and their families through the entire process of planning for what happens after high school.

https://www.imdetermined.org/  This website includes direct instruction, models, and opportunities to practice skills associated with self-determined behavior.  FEC has begun using the One-Pager annually with all 5th, 8th, and 12th graders as a way to discuss self-determination and understand their disability AND their abilities!